2-WAY SATELLITE MESSENGER WITH BLUETOOTH®
- Bluetooth Capable
- Illuminated QWERTY Keyboard
- 2.7" Backlit Display
- Mobile Number
- Impact, Dust, & Water Resistant (IP67)
- Rechargeable Lithium Battery
||6.54" (16.61 cm)
||2.9" (7.37 cm)
||0.94" (2.39 cm)
||7.0 oz. (198.4g) with Lithium batteries
||-4F to 140F
(-20C to +60C)
||-4F to 140F
(-20C to +60C)
||-328ft to +21,320ft (-100m to +6,500m)
|IMPACT, WATER & DUST RESISTANT (IP67)
||Submersible up to 1m for 30 minutes
||Up to 30ft
SPOT X APP
DOWNLOAD THE SPOT X APP
Compatible with iOS 10.0+ & Android 5.0+
BATTERY TYPE AND LIFE
- RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM BATTERY
- 240 HOURS (10 DAYS) OF BATTERY LIFE IN 10 MINUTE TRACKING MODE.*
*Battery life is based on a full charge during initial device usuage and ideal operating temperature of 77F with a clear view of the sky with no obstructions.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
SPOT X Device, Strap and Carabiner, Micro USB Data/Power Cable, Quick Start Guide, S.O.S. Mirrored Sticker, Warranty Card, GEOS Reference Guide, Kickstand
- Keep your SPOT at least 12 inches away from other GPS devices. Learn More about PED interference in aircrafts.
- SPOT needs a clear view of the sky to obtain a GPS signal and provide the most accurate location information. It is not reliable indoors, in a cave, in an abyss, or in very dense woods.
- Orienting SPOT X so that the antenna is
pointing up toward the sky will improve performance.
SPOT X provides 2-way satellite messaging when you’re off the grid or beyond reliable cellular coverage. Connect SPOT X to your smartphone via Bluetooth wireless technology through the SPOT X app to access your contacts and communicate easily with family, friends, or directly with Search & Rescue services in a life-threatening situation. If preferred or when necessary, SPOT X can be used as a standalone communication device. SPOT X has its own dedicated mobile number, so others can message you directly at any time.
Easily connect the SPOT X device to the SPOT X app and have satellite connectivity at your fingertips.
Exchange messages with any cell phone number or email address from virtually anywhere in the world. SPOT My Account comes loaded with 14 predefined messages that you have the ability to customize and sync to your SPOT X device.
Send an S.O.S. to the 24/7 Search & Rescue center, message back and forth about the nature of your emergency, and receive confirmation when help is on the way.
Select from 2½, 5, 10, 30, or 60 minute tracking intervals, and let family, friends and other adventurers follow your progress with SPOT’s easy-to-use Google Maps™ interface.
Quickly and easily let everyone know you're OK.
POST TO SOCIAL
Link your accounts to keep your friends and family in the know wherever you go.
Built-in compass and programmable waypoints to help you navigate.
IMPORTANT SPOT X TIPS
- SPOT X needs a clear view of the sky with no obstructions
- SPOT X is not reliable at the bottom of a deep canyon, in a cave, in an abyss, or in very dense woods.
- Before heading off the grid, we strongly recommend that you send a test message to ensure your device was activated properly. You can view your sent messages in your account at FindMeSPOT.com/MyAccount.